Webmin version 1.300 is now available for download from
http://www.webmin.com/ and mirror sites. This release includes
the following changes :
- Fixed security holes that allow the source of Webmin programs
to be viewed, and allow cross-site-scripting attacks.
- XML-RPC clients can now call Webmin API functions.
- On systems with no root password, users with sudo access can
login to Webmin as root.
- Improved support for latest Debian and Fedora releases, including
the new IPtables config system in Debian 3.1.
- The file manager can now extract tar.bz2 files, store a history
of entered paths, and show the total size of a directory.
- The Filesystem Backup module can backup and restore TAR and dump
files over FTP.
- MySQL server variables and connections can be viewed and changes.
- Table data can be sorted by clicking on headers in the MySQL and
- Improved support for PostgreSQL 8, including editing tables with
no OID field.
- Sendmail and Postfix aliases and maps can have a comment associated
with each entry.
- Squid 2.6 is now supported.
- A bunch of other small bugfixes and features.
Also available is Usermin 1.230, which has numerous improvements and fixes
in the Read Mail, MySQL and PostgreSQL modules. The most important of
which is improved IMAP mode support, in which all mail folders are taken
automatically from an IMAP server.
As always, please send me any bug reports or feature suggestions that
you might have.