Hi Webmin users,
The 2.40 version of Virtualmin, a virtual hosting control panel for Webmin, is
now available for download from http://www.virtualmin.com/. Virtualmin is a
Webmin module designed to simplify the process of setting up virtual
domains, and can manage Apache, BIND, Sendmail/Postfix, Logrotate, Webalizer,
MySQL and PostgreSQL.
This release contains the following major improvements :
* Added support for using LDAP to store mail and domain users and groups,
rather than local files. This depends on the LDAP Users and Groups module
being set up properly, and the system configured to use NSS-LDAP.
* When creating a virtual server, if a feature fails for some reason the
rest of the server creation will still go ahead. This avoids the problem
of a server being partially created and unknown to Virtualmin.
* A database name can be specified when creating a server, rather than the
default which is computed from the domain name.
* Added form on plugins page for editing the configuration of plugins that
have a config.info file.
* Created several command-line scripts for enabling and disabling features
and server owner limits.
* Added a page for defining custom fields to be stored with each virtual
server, for entering site-specific information like billing plans, customer
addresses and so on.
* Bandwidth graphs are now available to server owners, as well as the master
* There are also bunch of other bugfixes and small improvements.
Thanks to TextDrive and Omar Armas for sponsoring some of these features!
As always, let me know about any bugs you find or new features that
you think should go in.