Usermin is a great interface for users. I think a nice
next step would be to allow users to self-create
accounts on a system to create a "Hotmail"-like service
(but more than just email).
Some requirement thoughts:
- Disable/enable from Webmin
- Add a simple "New account" link under the Usermin
- Creates a real user account, home folders, assigns a
shell, .. etc
- Notifies a specified admin of new users created via
digest (lists users created that week or month, or every
20 users created)
- Add a delete account feature in Usermin to remove the
Just thinking quickly, but could probably think it through
a bit more if you're interested.
See http://ghost.serveftp.net for an example of what I am
getting at. The separate "Add new account" would be
just integrated into Usermin.