Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

I can't create databases

Virtualmin
neojordan
2008-12-29
2013-05-21
  • neojordan
    neojordan
    2008-12-29

Logged as root I can go to "Virtualmin Virtual Server" select an user and then create a new database for this user, but I can't log in with this user and create more databases. How can all the users create more databases?

Cane one user has a database named "database1" and another user has one database with the same name? Or only can exist one name of database for all the users?

• Greetings Neo Jordan :-)

I do not remember step by step instructions but it is in the permissions for the specific user that you must change.

Though not a definitive answer, I hope this helps get you on the right track :-)

Joe :-)
      http://www.photoshoppsdgraphicsforall.com

• neojordan
      neojordan
      2008-12-30

Thanks for answer. In what permissions for the specific user? Webmin users or database users? Because in the webmin users settings I only can change the aviable modules for each user...

• Hello Neo Jordan :-)

the answer would be Webmin-->Servers-->MySQL Database Server-->Database Permissions

http://www.freegiftsgiveaway.com

• neojordan
      neojordan
      2008-12-30

Hello Joseph,

MySQL Database Server --> Database Permissions only show the first database created of each user and this secction is for change the database permissions. What I want is change the user permissions.

• webie4webmin
      webie4webmin
      2008-12-30

Hi Neojordan,

To me it sounds like you have not setup settings and templates inside virtualmin within this settings and templates you can set what user admin have control over IE: the amount of databases each virtual server can have. Once setup then you should not have to to touch any other settings at all. Virtualmin will do the rest for you.

I been using the same on centos for years with no problems ;et me know if you need some help.

Regards

Webie4webmin

• neojordan
      neojordan
      2008-12-30

Thanks webie4webmin. Where do your users go to create new databases?

• webie4webmin
        webie4webmin
        2008-12-30

Hi,

Login to webmin as domain user and on the left you should see a link virtual mail click link then click domain name and here users can manage their domain including adding more databases.

see screen shot i done for you at http://www.bargainshack.co.uk/webmin/screenshots/v-server.jpg

Regards

webie4admin

• neojordan
      neojordan
      2008-12-30

Thanks. This isn't very usefull for the users but it works.

Another question that I have is how to hide the ram usage, System hostname and CPU load averages to the users. Is it possible?

• webie4webmin
        webie4webmin
        2008-12-30

HI,

That question i can't answer maybe change your theme you are using sounds like the blue framed theme? have you looked into installing usermin which runs on port 2000 which is for user's? That might be an idea you may have more options for me i manage all domain settings for every domain.

Regards

• Hey Neo Jordan :-)

UserMin runs on port 20000 - not port 2000 as webie4webmin had suggested, though I am sure it was just a typo :-)

www.javascriptsoftwaredownloads.org

• neojordan
      neojordan
      2008-12-31

Hi,

I'm on usermin and the cpu usage is visible... Usermin is great but I can't create new databases using usermin. I believe that this is not the solution.