Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Setting up Virtualmin Mailman Mailing Lists

Virtualmin
2007-05-31
2013-05-21
  • Oliver Coleman
    Oliver Coleman
    2007-05-31

Hi,

I've installed Virtualmin Mailman Mailing Lists 3.9 into webmin and enabled it in virtualmin for a virtual server. Everything seems to work (creating lists, changing settings inside mailman, adding addresses to a list within mailman), except that the emails that mailman should be sending out aren't getting out (eg the welcome message when a new address is added and email sent to a mailing list that should go out to members). The email that gets sent when the "reset password" button is used isn't getting out either.

Other email functions are working for the virtual server (aliases, mailboxes, forwarding, sending mail composed within the virtualmin webmail interface).

I have a sneaking suspicion that this is because the mailman module/plugin "Only works if Postfix has been setup to support the mailman: transport", but I don't know how to set this up and can't find much about how to. Can anyone help?

I'm using webmin 1.340, virtualmin 3.40.gpl, postfix 2.3.8, debian 4.0.

Cheers,
    Oliver

• Joe Cooper
      Joe Cooper
      2007-06-06

Is the qrunner running?

ps auxc | grep qrunner

Will probably tell you.  You'll also need to make sure you have a mailman mailing list (this is a stupid thing about newer Mailman versions...it'll refuse to do anything if you don't have a mailman mailing list for it to send administrative messages to).