Rodrigo
2007-04-02
2013-05-21
  • Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    2007-04-02

From webmin.com

Annoucing Webmin .NET

Effectively immediately, all Webmin development in Perl for Unix-like operating systems will cease. I have decided that Windows is the server platform of the future, so to support it Webmin will be re-written completely in C# for the .NET environment. System will requirements will be a 4 GHz Core Duo with 8 GB of RAM and Windows Vista with Aero Glass enabled. The current HTML user interface will be replaced by a single huge ActiveX control, which will naturally run in any browser that is Internet Explorer 7 on 64-bit Windows.

April 1, 2007

DAAAAMMMNNNN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

System will requirements will be a 4 GHz Core Duo with 8 GB of RAM and Windows Vista with Aero Glass enabled.

Perhaps when a linux server requires that much ram to run and faild to do what is suppose to we'll get webmin for free again...

so sad

• d elleray
      d elleray
      2007-04-02

it is so sad..
      mind you whoever would want to administer a linux system from a vista box that costly wouldn't mind paying for the software anyway....

i suppose this will get released again in 264 days..

d.

• This smells like an April Fools Joke.

Hope it Is

Wynand

• d elleray
        d elleray
        2007-04-02

wel i did say 264 days...
        d.

• desynced
      desynced
      2007-04-02

ROFL!  Luckily I saw a screen shot and thought it was a very good joke.   Im glad some people did fall for it.  :)