Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Java 1.7.0_51 and Webmin File manager module

Webmin
Webmin_Guy
2014-01-17
2014-01-17
  • Webmin_Guy
    Webmin_Guy
    2014-01-17

So we have end users who are upgrading Java to the latest version 1.7.0_51, with this move the File manager app is now reporting an error, and that it will no longer support unsigned applets. Is there a fix for this? or are there work arounds? I mean on the Webmin side as opposed to the Java side. I know that I can modify and change the Java control panel settings (Windows 7) at least to allow some work arounds but doesnt this open up more security issues? I was wondering what could be changed on the Webmin side to not get these alerts. I am running webmin on CentOS. I have upgraded the java on the centOS side but that doesnt appear to correct the issue either.
    Thanks for any help- I searched around and havent found a good answer to how Java and the Webmin file manager play together. So if this is redundant Ill take any and all recent discussions around it.