Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Problems with adding cluster server

Help
Pingtech
2014-05-25
2014-05-25
  • Pingtech
    Pingtech
    2014-05-25

Running 12.04 Ubuntu on multiple servers. Tried to add them as cluster but I am getting a timeout after trying to add remote box . Looking at the remote machine to be added, it is passing the iptable rules and the packet is getting accepted, but I do not see any logs that contain any rpc or remote connections. I have checked the /var/webmin/* files, but nothing is apparent. In my quest to find answers, I saw that adding a rpcdebug=1 to the /etc/webmin/config file and restarting webmin. Did this to BOTH boxes, but I still am not seeing any incoming/outgoing rpc calls. Am I missing something? Any clues as to what would cause the addition of clusters to fail.... or where to look for answers?

I am using internal network for server communications (eth1 on private 10.x net). And as I said the iptables rules and logs are showing the master server communication to the new server on port 10000, and that the packet is accepted on new server. But webmin is not showing any signs. Of course I am not sure where or how to enable debug other than as stated above.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edit: Pingtech 2014-05-25
  • Pingtech
    Pingtech
    2014-05-25

update: I was able to resolve this. But was unable to find where the RPC debug actually logs to.

Last edit: Pingtech 2014-05-27