Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

need to remove packages from webmin.(pls guid

2010-12-01
2013-05-22
  • hey all there ???

i want to use some servers and some packages in webmin like(DHCP, DNS, FIREWALL) how i can remove other package from webmin.

i m very new in this domain so i think my stupid question may be some confusing… !!!
    Pls guide
    thanks in advance

• Earl Daniels
    Earl Daniels
    2010-12-03

This is not so much a Webmin question as it is a Linux question, but Webmin makes it *really* easy!!

In Webmin, got to menu Server/Software Packages

Enter the program you want to remove in the search box, and you can select and remove packages from there.

I prefer to disable programs instead of removing them. For most services, you can disable on boot up  through the System / Bootup and Shutdown menu. This is particularly useful for Virtualmin, which requires several program that we don't use in our environment.

Hope that helps!
    - Earl

• Is there any Option in Webmin to disable them then pls it would be great rather than to remove them.
    Pls tell me how i can disable them ???

• gus gando
    gus gando
    2011-01-27

in webmin, just go the the menu category for "Bootup and Shutdown" (select). then in the list you can choice select turn off and run/not run at boot. real simple and easy. no problem.