Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

ASSOCIATE PROGRAMS WITH DATA IN WEBMIN

2010-01-02
2013-05-22
  • I have installed webmin and now find when I try to open data (folders with openoffice files or kexi database data) I get error message "no associated programs please amend your preferences"

I have installed the helper applications into default directories and have both created a data folder and copied the relevant data files from the data folder  into the installation directories for kexi and open office but I can't open any of the data folders or files they show up as files in the file manager however

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious but can't see what - can someone suggest help?

• gus gando
    gus gando
    2010-01-17

"I have installed webmin and now find when I try to open data …" YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS. WEBMIN IS A SERVER MANAGER INTERFACE. period. nothing more. for server admin only. what you are missing is perhaps the system administrator? filemanager? the file manager is basically a graphical shortcut for CD /….. please forgive my impertinence but i have been doing t-shooting for decades and you need to see my point of view here. quick advice…. 1. dont do anything that gets you fired. 2. read everything.