I can't create and use user certificates to login into webmin.
System and software:
CentOS 6.4, x86_64, fresh minimum install, fully updated
I have one user on the system - root. I've tried it with default unix password and after changing his password with following command. Result was the same.
How to reproduce:
1. I've created self-signed certificate in SSL Encryption (tried both, for any hostname and for server hostname with the same result)
2. Enabled SSL if available - SSL (https) works fine
3. I've created certificate authority
4. I've requested an SSL certificate for user
5. Filled in all the fields, used High Grade
6. Certificate is created
7. However, after I click on "Click here to pick up your certificate and install it in your browser" I get the "The connection was reset" error and can't connect to webmin again.
When I copy the link with certificate, and turn off ssl in /etc/webmin/miniserv.conf I'm able to download and install the certificate in browser. However, when I turn the ssl on again, I cannot connect to the webmin. I can use the ssl again after I select None SSL certificate name for the user.
In other words, while certificate name is set to something like:
I cannot connect to the webmin with ssl.
Only error in the miniserv.error file is: Failed to initialize SSL connection
That's all I got so far. If you have any idea how to debug it further, please let me know.