Help
arvenius
2007-08-21
2013-04-17
  • arvenius
    arvenius
    2007-08-21

Hi there,

i just set up a waste server (beta 2, what else) on a linux shell of mine and after some fiddling with the configuration and the keys (why oh why is there no key generator and i have to use the windows version for that?), i got it up and running. means i can connect, a friend as well we can see each other but there are still problems with the file exchange. while i can browse the server i cannot download or upload anything. if i try to download a file just nothing happens, not on the client side and even the server-console (with loglevel=5) doesnt give any output. the server itself is not firewalled so there shouldnt be any connection issues. as of the moment we both use the beta 3 windows clients as i thought those would be the most compatible. dunno about the ease of running the wxclient on windows...
    any ideas?

arve

ps: my default-pr0 looks like this (dont mind the XXX):

[profile]
    clientid128=30A06447FA9FBD1DE1FE0721E76C9DA5
    downloadpath=./download
    nick=server
    userinfo=WASTE Server
    networkname=XXX
    storepass=1
    loglevel=5
    keypass=blackbox
    databasepath=/media/musik;./download
    dorefresh=1
    scanonstartup=1
    db_save=1
    download_only_on=1
    bcastkey=1
    directxfers=1
    keydistflags=1
    conspeed=100000
    route=1
    accept_uploads=1
    keepupnet=0
    recv_maxdl=10
    ul_limit=16
    maxsizesha=32
    extlist=ppt;doc;xls;txt;zip;
    refreshint=10
    recv_maxdl_host=5
    forceip_dynip_mo=0
    forceip_name=XXX
    keydistflags=7
    limitchatn=64

• arvenius
      arvenius
      2007-08-22

addendum: ok so now uploading to the server works fine there was a problem with the download dir... but still i cannot download from the server. the client looks like its not even tryin.