DEV UPDATE

DASnoloJy
2006-11-01
2013-04-17
  • DASnoloJy
    DASnoloJy
    2006-11-01

i add some feature in WASTE for myself. How can i update sources if its needed for others?

• Maybe you should email to official devs and submit your work. Otherwise, you could open a new "mod" project... ;-)

• Murz
      Murz
      2006-11-09

I think you need to share you sources and compiled versions for all at first (for bugtesting and using), because official devs may do it too long.
      Maybe as new project or only compiled and source files in other site.
      If it isn't so hard, mail me murz_mail at shtrix dot ru your version of WASTE, I can try to use and test it in my WASTE network (15 users).

• Eric
      Eric
      2006-12-04

Please e-mail me and I will check your source to see if we can't put it in the main source tree.

• sh4rd, I'm happy to see that you want to continue WASTE development! :-)
      I hope that WASTE will grow with new features and new ideas... ;-)

• Murz
      Murz
      2006-12-07

I'm very happy too! In my city (Russia, Nizhniy Novgorod) we have a P2P-network with many users and every day uses WASTE to get newest files! And we will be VERY happy to see a new version!

• kramfj
      kramfj
      2006-12-21

Just wanted to add that we've got a bunch (300+) of happy users here in Indiana who are looking forward to seen progress continue on this project!  Keep up the great work guys!

• Michael D.
      Michael D.
      2007-01-02

Shard- I thought I'd let you know that I'm very excited about the future of WASTE development!  Unfortunately, I can't help with any coding.  Just wanted to show my support and gratitude.  Thanks!

• DASnoloJy
      DASnoloJy
      2007-01-10

there is some new features cool imho
      1 - install as service (windows)
      2 - presistant connections (like #ip in nightly build)
      3 - virtual fs (for example to link ftp folders, merge folders, ram disk, unc like \\computer\folder)
      4 - api for plugins

i can help with some coding please conact me icq 313648745

• earney
      earney
      2007-01-11

Hi, what do you guys think about seeing if we can get the source code to compile on a free compiler such as dev-c++ (mingw).  That way users without VC++ (.net whatever) can contribute as well.  I think developing open source software with open source tools would be a good way to go.  What do you guys think?

I like this project, I'd love to see us improve it even more..