New Save Restore

jlsartain
2008-05-30
2013-02-03
  • jlsartain
    jlsartain
    2008-05-30

Great new feature. My first impression was that I could use this feature to save the Network Interface configurations fo the Nics that are attached to WANem. Then after looking into the netemstate.txt file that was created I found that that was not so. It looked as though it was simply a series of sudo's that ran netem tc commands that configured WANem. I was still hopeful that I could add the ifconfig commands to configure the Interfaces. No such luck. The restore seems to ignore the /sbin/ifconfig commands that configure these interfaces. Am I just not doing it right or is this not allowed? It would be nice to be able to do this. Is there a work around where this could happen?

Thanks

John Sartain

• Hi,

As you may be knowing WANem has two separate development tracks: WANem Console and WANem GUI. In Version 1.2.1 we have released Save/Restore option for the WANem GUI. Using this option, one can now 'Save' WANem GUI Settings to his local machine and 'Restore' the same in future if required. 'ifconfig' is part of WANem console and is not taken care of in the new Save/Restore feature.

Regards,

Hemanta Kumar Kalita

• M K Nambiar
      M K Nambiar
      2008-06-06

Initial setting up of network addresses have to be manual for now.

Without this step a Save/Restore may not be possible.

One idea that comes to my mind is to have a WANem console command that read & save the settings from/to a USB pen drive. That way even the network can be setup.

This needs to be looked into.

Regards,
      M.K.nambiar