wanem.sh generating error

Anonymous
2012-02-21
2013-02-03

• Anonymous
    2012-02-21

Hi,
    i want to modify WANem as per my need.so i am building source code which is available with CD.while working with file hemanta/tcs_wanem.sh file i am getting "RTNETLINK answers no such file or directory" message.can anyone please suggest me how to resolve this………

Thanks in advance
    Kalpan Bhargav

• buzzLightYear
    buzzLightYear
    2012-02-22

After the installation, are you able to apply bandwidth, delay and other settings through the GUI? If so, then you can ignore the message. It basically says that there are not current settings applied and hence the message.

• Anonymous
    2012-02-29

Hi flossuser,
    Thanks for your reply,but unfortunately i  am not able to apply packet loss and bandwidth,and the line which does that stuff in tcs_wanem.sh is generating the "RTNETLINK answers:No such file or directory" message.i have manually loaded the linux kernel  modules related to htb and netem but that too didn't help.i am using RHEL 6

• buzzLightYear
    buzzLightYear
    2012-03-01

Can you check the error logs at the /var/logs location?

• Anonymous
    2012-03-01

No there are no error logs in the directory

• buzzLightYear
    buzzLightYear
    2012-03-01

Can you provide the line number from the wanem.sh file that is throwing this error message?

• Anonymous
    2012-03-02

the following lines throwing the error:

sudo /sbin/tc qdisc add dev eth0 parent 1:1 handle 10: netem loss $LOSS
    sudo /sbin/tc qdisc add dev eth0 parent 10:1 handle 20: htb default 1
    sudo /sbin/tc class add dev eth0 parent 20: classid 0:1 htb rate $BW ceil $BW

• buzzLightYear
    buzzLightYear
    2012-03-02

Can you run those commands manually through command prompt and see if network settings get applied?
    It will give us enough information for further debugging.

• Anonymous
    2012-03-12

well,i execute each line individually as per your suggestion,but no change in results.what i can understand is parent node is not visible to child node.so when tries to refer it we have the error.for ex.node with handle 10 isn't visible to node with handle 20 which is referring it.

• Anonymous
    2012-03-21

Hi,i further analysed it and what i found is i am not able to connect a child node with root node. when i  try to execute sudo /sbin/tc qdisc add dev eth0 parent 1:1 handle 10: netem loss $LOSS it gives RTNETLINK:operation not supported error.it's referring to root node.Please give your suggestion on this.(when i try to execute sudo /sbin/tc qdisc add dev eth0 parent 10:1 handle 20: htb default 1
    sudo /sbin/tc class add dev eth0 parent 20: classid 0:1 htb rate $BW ceil $BW by using root in place of parent 10:1 it worked)
    please Give your suggestion
    I am dying for this solution
    Thanks