Stefan
2011-11-18
2013-04-24
  • Stefan
    Stefan
    2011-11-18

Wally 2.4.3
    Windows 7 64bit SP1

Wally seems to have problems with images which are larger than a certain size: when including them either in the folder or in the file module these (local) images are not considered by Wally.
    The last working resolution I tried was 3400x2550 but images above 3500x2625 were ignored by Wally.

• Hi,

you're right, Wally ignores images that have more than 9000000 pixels. This is due to a buggy behavior of Qt image plugin, that is not able to process images bigger than such limit, without incurring in heavy memory usage or program crash.

BR,
    Tony.

• Stefan
    Stefan
    2011-11-20

Just from a user's point of view:
    All the images which I take with my today's standard compact digital camera have a resolution of 3648x2736. Resizing them all only for being able to use them in a wallpaper changer application is not really a practical option, at least for me.

Perhaps the resolution bug in Qt will be fixed in the near future, perhaps not. What's for sure, though, is that the size of digital images will increase in the future as it did in the past years.

Isn't there any other method for resizing the images larger than the critical resolution which you can use in your application before handing them over to the corresponding method in Qt?

• Stefan
    Stefan
    2012-01-22

I would appreciate getting an answer to my last question.
    Are there any news concerning this problem?

• Hi,

sorry, I thought my first reply was the final one.

As long as Qt JPEG plugin is not able to handle images more than 9M pixels, it's not possible for me (unless I introduce more dependencies, and I don't know if it's worth).

I hope that in future Qt plugin is able to do more, until that I'm not able to face such issue.

Tony.

• Stefan
    Stefan
    2012-01-22

I see.
    Thank you for your answer.