The VXL consortium (including some of the world's top computer vision research groups and companies) is proud to announce the release of VXL 1.5.
VXL is a set of multi-platform C++ libraries for computer vision research and deployment. See http://vxl.sourceforge.net/
The latest release can be found here: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=24293
Some of the new features include:
- Support for ICC 8.1
- New (somewhat experimental) support for reading video files and receiving input from usb/1394 cameras through DirectShow in Windows systems. Also includes support for video-for-linux cameras and 1394 cameras under linux.
- A new runtime logging facility with almost no overhead. It is patterned after Apache's log4j library.
- vil now optionally supports reading JPEG 2000 compressed image files (.jpc and .j2k) as well as JPEG 2000 compressed NITF 2.1 images.
- vil now supports pyramid images in two forms - 1) multiple pyramid levels in a single directory and 2) the levels are stored in a single tiff file. This capability is useful for displaying large files.
- vil now supports blocked images for large satellite images.