This series of patches build on the previous one I sent on Dec 14th. It
introduces the taking into account of the linking field ($8), and a raw
display of the 863 field.
1. Unicorn: make it explicit but short the field being processed.
A switch statement has readability and a small performance advantage
in this case, as the value tested is an string.
2. Unicorn: get rid of a one-time-use variable.
3. Unicorn: minor documentation update.
4. Unicorn: separate decoding of the holdings record.
Separating the decoding of the MARC holding record from the
preparation of the holding for use in VuFind makes it clearer what
parts of the decoding are independent from application logic.
This separation also helps on keeping the length of functions down,
so they are easier to read and maintain.
5. Unicorn: minor variable name change for readability.
6. Unicorn: raw biblio chronology and enumeration with field linking.
Thought the display is raw (i.e: no captions and patterns) the field
linking is done following the standard.
Next steps will be proper use of linked captions and patterns (853) for
the decoding of 863 fields.
Comments, critics and recommendations are all welcome.
The goal is to integrate all these changes into the upstream repository
(whatever upstream is decided to be for the Unicorn driver).