I am attaching a series of enhancements and fixes to the Unicorn
driver. These are the commit messages I used to explain them in our
1. Unicorn: show extracted MARC holdings in stock templates.
2. Unicorn: no need to group MARC holdings by location.
The grouping is now done in HoldLogic when preparing the holdings for
display, what allows for simplifying the code in the driver giving it
3. Unicorn: better textual holdings extraction.
Only include the textual holding subfield and the public notes, the
rest of the fields can make no sense for the final users.
By the way the code is simplified a bit and variables names chosen in
a way that better explain their role.
4. Unicorn: use the public notes from location fields.
5. Unicorn: support MARC holding records with multiple locations.
These were developed against an up-to-date Unicorn driver, and applies
cleanly to trunk.
This is the first part of the series, the next steps will be:
* Enumeration and chrono (863-867), captions and patterns (853-855)
This includes proper treatment of the field linking ($8).
* Item information (876-878)
* Supplemental material (8(56)4, 8(67)7)
* Indexes (8(56)5, 8(67)8)