FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
VuFind 1.3 Released
Villanova, Pennsylvania - January 30, 2012 - The latest version of the VuFind Open Source discovery software has just been released.
The new release includes several significant enhancements:
- A new "book bag" feature has been added for shopping-cart-style bulk actions (save, email, export multiple records).
- VuFind is now driven by Apache Solr 3.5, the latest version of the powerful index engine.
- New optional search plug-ins have been added for visual timelines, Google Maps integration and Europeana searches.
- Enhanced RSS feeds allow VuFind results to be easily shared with external services such as Elsevier's SciVerse platform.
- Syndetics integration has been improved.
- VuFind's default theme now uses jQuery and Blueprint for a more dynamic, polished interface.
Additionally, several bug fixes and minor improvements have been incorporated.
Questions about the new release or VuFind in general can be directed to Demian Katz, the lead developer of the project at Villanova University.
Falvey Memorial Library
800 Lancaster Avenue
Villanova, PA 19085
Hi to all,
I download the version 1.3 of Vufind, we need to upgrade a version 1.1
For me is quite strange that in the dir /upgrade there only scripts for
upgrade 1.2 -> 1.3
Is the best option to use scripts that are in source of version 1.2 ?
I see that the source files in version 1.2 are dated at 21/Jun/2011.
There is a JIRA tickect, http://vufind.org/jira/browse/VUFIND-434,
about update 1.1->1.2 dated 03/Aug/2011.
Dott. Zeno Tajoli
fax +39 02 2135520
CILEA - Consorzio Interuniversitario