Our IT dept in order to be able to better schedule its resources and
support our VUfind implementation project, asked us to gather
information on how other libraries managed and scheduled their
respective project. Therefore, I would be really grateful to you, if you
could, please, take the time to answer the following questions:
1. Which library system do you use?
2. How long did you need to implement VUfind overall?
3. Has VUfind fully replaced your old OPAC? If not, specify why
VUfind and old OPAC run in parallel?
4. Did you develop your driver or created/ modified an existing one?
How complicated was it for you to do so?
5.What kind of expertise did the staff who implemented VUfind have?
How many people were involved and how long did they work on this
6. Have additional metadata sets (e.g. PubMed Central, DOAR) been
integrated into VUfind? If yes, how complicated was this process and
which additional resources and costs were incurred?
Thank you in advance.