So I am in the process of setting up a new server for VuFind and documented=
the steps I took to get PHP to compile with PDO-OCI. I do remember that I=
did struggle with it a bit the very first time I did it:
So here are the steps to make it work:
1. Download PHP :)
2. Download the Basic.zip and SDK.zip from the Oracle Instant Client web si=
3. Unzip the 2 zip files in the same directory
4. Move the instantclient directory to somewhere on your server (/usr/local=
/lib is generally the place to put it)
5. Create a symbolic link from the libclntsh.so.11.1 (or whatever version y=
ou have) to libclntsh.so as well as the same for libocci.so....
6. Configure PHP with the option '--with-pdo-oci=3Dinstantclient,/usr/local=
You may need to change the configure option to match the path that you have=
installed the instantclient to as well as the version that you downloaded.
This has worked for me on both 32 and 64 bit machines.