Hi Demian/Ere,


Thanks for your valuable comments.
I shall try and get back to you.

 

Thank you,
Vinoth

 

From: Demian Katz [mailto:demian.katz@villanova.edu]
Sent: 11 October 2012 10:20
To: Vinoth Asokan; vufind-tech@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [VuFind-Tech] Problem in upgrading solr to 4.0 BETA

 

What version of VuFind are you working with?  No official distribution includes Solr 3.6 yet – the last official release (1.3) was bundled with Solr 3.5.  However, some of the configuration settings you mention (like solr.ISOLatin1AccentFilterFactory) sound like artifacts from pre-Solr 3 versions of VuFind.  When we upgraded to Solr 3, we eliminated use of solr.ISOLatin1AccentFilterFactory in favor of the more flexible solr.ICUFoldingFilterFactory.

 

It sounds like you might find it helpful to compare your current local Solr configuration and schema against the most recent VuFind release – upgrading VuFind before upgrading Solr might make the transition easier.  (This might be a useful first step before going forward with Ere’s suggestions).

 

- Demian

 

From: Vinoth Asokan [mailto:vasokan@andrew.cmu.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 11:16 PM
To: vufind-tech@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [VuFind-Tech] Problem in upgrading solr to 4.0 BETA

 

Hi All,

 

I am in need to use the QueryElevationComponent of Apache solr along with the Distributed Search.

The current version of solr being used is 3.6.

Since there is a limitation for the Distributed Search such that it does not support QueryElevationComponent till version 3.6.1, I am not able to find the functionality working with the installed version.

The support for QueryElevationComponent to work in Distributed Search is brought in through https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2949 in the release 4.0 ALPHA.

 

Hence I am now trying to upgrade solr to version 4.0 BETA in VuFind but facing lot of errors.  I have listed the errors which I get and the steps that I took to rectify those.

It will be helpful if you can let me know the alternate classes that can be used or alternate steps to rectify the errors.

 

Error:1

 

SEVERE: null:org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: <indexDefaults> and <mainIndex> configuration sections are discontinued. Use <indexConfig> instead.

 

I did replace the <indexDefaults> and <mainIndex> with <indexConfig> and found that the Error 2 to be popping up.

 

Error:2

 

SEVERE: null:org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: QueryResponseWriter init failure

Caused by: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Error loading class 'org.apache.solr.request.XSLTResponseWriter'

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.solr.request.XSLTResponseWriter

 

replaced the class path to 'org.apache.solr.response.XSLTResponseWriter' since couldn’t find the class in the appropriate location.

 

Error:3

 

SEVERE: null:org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Plugin init failure for [schema.xml] fieldType "text": Plugin init failure for [schema.xml] analyzer/filter: Error loading class 'solr.ISOLatin1AccentFilterFactory'

 

Tried removing the lines with 'solr.ISOLatin1AccentFilterFactory' in schema.xml as the class was not found in the new version.

 

Error:4

 

SEVERE: null:org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: RequestHandler init failure

Caused by: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Error loading class 'solr.AnalysisRequestHandler'

 

The class file not found in the new version.

 

Error:5

 

SEVERE: null:org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: RequestHandler init failure

Caused by: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Error loading class 'solr.DisMaxRequestHandler'

 

The class file not found in the new version.

 

 

Thank you,

 

Vinoth Asokan

Graduate Student

Institute of Software Research, SCS

Carnegie Mellon University,

Pittsburgh, PA

+1-412-482-4138