Hi Demian,

 

works like a charm J

 

Thanks a lot!!!

 

Stefan

 

--

Stefan Winkler

Bibliotheksservice-Zentrum Baden-Württemberg (BSZ)

78457 Konstanz / Germany

Phone: +49 7531 88 2364

E-Mail: stefan.winkler@bsz-bw.de

http://www.bsz-bw.de

 

Von: Demian Katz [mailto:demian.katz@villanova.edu]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 9. April 2014 17:58
An: Winkler, Stefan; vufind-tech@lists.sourceforge.net
Betreff: RE: [VuFind-Tech] Sharding (Multi-Index) and record loading leads to "Record Solr:recordid does not exist." error message

 

Looks like you’ve found a bug; I think this should fix it:

 

https://github.com/vufind-org/vufind/commit/b4f810b9831504dba26625b8582a5305bd171326

 

Please let me know if you encounter any further problems!

 

thanks,

Demian

 

From: Winkler, Stefan [mailto:stefan.winkler@bsz-bw.de]
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 10:53 AM
To: vufind-tech@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [VuFind-Tech] Sharding (Multi-Index) and record loading leads to "Record Solr:recordid does not exist." error message

 

Hi,

 

I try to use sharding with an internal and an external Solr Index in vufind 2.2 but  ran into problems when accessing the records of the external index.

 

For my purposes I configured [IndexShards] and [ShardPreferences] in searches.ini, referencing two solr cores with two very similar. The ids are not overlapping since I used prefixes for the ids of the internal index.

 

The search-requests worked fine for each index and also the merged result-lists showed up as expected, when I selected the checkboxes for both shards.

 

But every time I try to load a record of the external index, I get the following error message:

 

"An error has occurred
An error occurred during execution; please try again later.

Please contact your library for further assistance."

 

My vufind-logfile tells me, that the retrieved record "does not exist". (But the record does exist, it just can't be loaded).

 

My guess is, that the URL-parameter for the external shard is missing in the record-loading request, since when I add this missing URL-parameter (something like "&shards=hostname%2Fsolr%2Fbiblio") the record is loaded.

 

Could someone please point me to the place in the code where I have to add this url-param during the load request (Of course this has to depend on the IndexShards-settings in searches.ini and the respective index-source of the current record).

 

Many thanks and best wishes

Stefan

 

--

Stefan Winkler

Bibliotheksservice-Zentrum Baden-Württemberg (BSZ)

78457 Konstanz / Germany

Phone: +49 7531 88 2364

E-Mail: stefan.winkler@bsz-bw.de

http://www.bsz-bw.de