generate wrapper for derived vtk classes

Help
2007-11-26
2013-04-25
  • Hi!

I have been trying to generate a .NET wrapper for a derived class (from vtkMarchingCubes) for a few days now and still have no luck. vtkWrapDotNet dies with an assertion failure. The Java Wrapper generates a file for me.

Here's the short Header-File:

#include "vtkMarchingCubes.h"
    #include "vtkInformation.h"
    #include "vtkInformationVector.h"

class vtkMarchingCubesExt : public vtkMarchingCubes
    {
    public:
        void setISOValues(int* values);
    protected:
        vtkMarchingCubesExt();
        ~vtkMarchingCubesExt();
        int RequestData(vtkInformation *info, vtkInformationVector **inputVector, vtkInformationVector *outputVector);
    };

I admit that I have not fully understood the wrapper generating process by now. What I did was setting up the environment in VS 2005 and modfiying a xxxDotNet project file to compile my class.

What is causing the exception in vtkWrapDotNet?
    Is there any way to generate and compile the wrapper for a class without using the whole VTK solution?

Thanks,
    Michael

• Donny
    Donny
    2009-11-02

Have you found out how to wrap a new vtk class. I have tried to build the vtkLocal example, but I get a link error that cannot find vtkCommonDotNet.lib.  I am not sure why it is looking for a .lib file when the output is a dll for vtkCommonDotNet.

Can anyone help me figure out how to wrap the example vtkLocalExample class so I can extend native vtk classes and wrap them?