making the wrapper lib in windows

Help
2009-05-22
2013-04-25
  • Hi,

I need to be able to use data already in memory rather than writing it out to a vtk file and then reading it a second time.

The only way I see to do that is via modifying the vtkSimplePointsReader.cxx and .h files or copying them to new files with different names and modifying those. 

Doing either works as far as compiling and building (WinXP, VS2008),  but the first time I ever call anything involving the vtkio module I get the following error:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.IO.FileLoadException'
         occurred in vtkBVS1.exe

Additional information: A procedure imported by 'vtkIODotNet,
         Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' could not be loaded.

Doing the same thing without modifying  the simpleReader files or adding anything works without problems. 

The thing behaves as if there were a checksum being tested somehow or other and the test was failing.   It could also be that one or more of the CMakeLists.txt files need to be programmatically genned somehow or other which I do not understand;  in the case of adding a second copy of the simple Reader with a different name I've added a line for the .cxx file into the CMakeLists.txt file for the io module prior to running cmake.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ted

• This one finally dawned on me.....  the wrapper libs basically don't contain real code, just wrapping code;  the real vtkio.dll has to get put in the path for anything new in it to get found, duh.....    The problem vanishes when I do that.