Wants to offer help

beise
2007-11-11
2013-05-08
  • beise
    beise
    2007-11-11

Hello, i've read that you need help.
    I want help in translating the Vtcl Gui in german, if neccesary, or, i'm interested in working with Inno Setup, so that i can bring vtcl in a modern form.
    Also i've experience in creat or translate Help Files.
    If you are interested, please mail me.

greetings
    A.Beisemann

• Ken Parker
      Ken Parker
      2007-11-11

Making a setup form should not be that hard. Basically we just need to copy the files to a dir and add shortcuts etc. As for multilingual support I can write the facility to do this and all you would need to do is write a text file with the equivalant german ver. of the messages. I have had alot of request for this so I think I will work on it next.

• Strykaas
        Strykaas
        2007-11-12

Ken,

That's probably your idea, but I would think of a key-values based configuration file, with english based keys inside vTcl code. Initialization would configure the language and set the different keys to the desired language values. Basically, the "language" ressource file would look like :

key         +       English   +      German   +      Spanish   ....
        ------------------------------------------------------------------
        LANG_FILE   |       File      |      Datei    |      Archivo
        LANG_EXIT   |       Exit      |      ...      |      ...

And so forth...

Note : Approximative translations based on google ;)

• Ken Parker
      Ken Parker
      2007-11-13

I had considered it. However, I was thinking about having diffrent files for each language. That way someone can add as many lang files as they want. It just seems like it would be cleaner that way. The general concept would be the same.

en.key
      LANG_FILE | File
      LANG_EXIT | Exit

sp.key
      LANG_FILE | Archivo
      LANG_EXIT | Datei

Either way would work. Are you interested in makeing the change? This would be an easy one but it might get tedious.

• beise
      beise
      2007-11-13

OK. Do you need my EMail adress for sending files directly?

• Ken Parker
      Ken Parker
      2007-11-13

You can e-mail me at kenparkerjr@sf.net. You can zip anything and add it to the Tracker->Patches sections. So if you want to make the change and add it to the project put it there and I will submit it to CVS.

• beise
      beise
      2007-11-13

OK, that is the way to do.

About me:
      I'm an 50 years old native german. I work in the test department of an german telecom.
      company. Now i have to learn tcl and i think, this is a good way to do.
      My Email adr. ABeisemann@lycos.de.

greetings
      A.Beisemann

• Strykaas
        Strykaas
        2007-11-13

I can make a code review if needed.

• Ken Parker
      Ken Parker
      2007-11-15

OK. Just make sure you are working on the latest CVS. Again, Just zip it and added it to patches I will submit to CVS for you. This change will likely touch most of the project. If you don't want to do it let me know and I will do it. Thanks for your help.

• Strykaas
        Strykaas
        2007-11-15

Ken,

What is the actual roadmap regarding next vTcl version ? I have some bugfixes / enhancements in the works.

• Ken Parker
      Ken Parker
      2007-11-16

There is not a specific roadmap. Anything that is currently listed in any catagory of the tracker that is NOT ASSIGNED is fair game. Just make sure you get the latest off of the CVS branch. All of my changes have been commited. Make sure that what you are working on has not already been closed. If there is not a case on it then please create one. Do you use yahoo or any type of chat. We can discuss this.

• Ken Parker
      Ken Parker
      2007-11-16

OK. I put a 1 priority beside anything I think should wait for the next release. I would like to resolve all reported bugs if possible.