JACK Audio Connection?

Help
Silva
2011-10-10
2013-05-21
  • Silva
    Silva
    2011-10-10

Hi! First look at VstBoard is impressive. But i want to use it with JACK. Is it possible to connect to JACK?

• Silva
    Silva
    2011-10-10

Uhh. I can see the JackRouter in 32bit version, but not in 64 bit.

• CtrlBrk
    CtrlBrk
    2011-10-10

Hey, thanks !
    As far as I can tell, what you see in VstBoard is the Asio driver emulated by Jack, it's not a native Jack implementation. And apparently there's no 64bits version of this driver.
    Another solution, probably better, would be to support Jack via Portaudio (the library used by VstBoard for all audio IO), but they only support it on linux and mac.
    So, it really depends on Jack and/or Portaudio… and, well, I don't think I would be able to do this myself ^^

• Silva
    Silva
    2011-10-11

:)
    Uhhhm. The readme for JACK for windows says:
    '- in Setup/Setting, use "portaudio" at the "Driver" item'.
    …not working without this setting.
    so it is using portaudio?^^

• CtrlBrk
    CtrlBrk
    2011-10-11

Yes, apparently for the same reasons, there's a dozen audio APIs on windows, linux and mac (directx, asio, alsa, coreaudio…) portaudio takes care of all the hassle, you can use any audio device whatever the API or even the OS is.
    But that's for the communication with the hardware, it doesn't provide a bridge between audio applications like Jack does.
    Apparently there's a 64bit Jack for windows in development http://jackaudio.org/jack_on_windows, that all I can tell for now…