Doug Welch in email on May 2nd suggested that some things that need to be improved in plots to make them publication quality are:
- More blank space around the periphery (5%?)
- Every tick on the y-axis is labelled and there are way too many of them. A typical plot in a journal would have 5-8 labelled values, at most.
- The font sizes for the title, and axis labels should be selectable
- An ability to centre the 0.0 phase on either an input epoch of maximum or minimum light (or the result of a fit) would also be ideal.
- The x-axis is much better, although being able to display only half the number of labelled ticks would be better, I think.