A simple unser interface to run STV elections.
Suitable for use as a polling booth for small elections.
Requires Java 1.2 or later
Self documenting - just double-click the jarfile and use.
This is the same internal engine as votesystem 0.4
It is strongly recommended that you update to this version, as there have been bugfixes.
* strictness options
* fixed major bug with partial voting
* other sundry bug fixes (see bugtracker on sourceforge.net)
* some documentation fixes
* slightly improved the packaging
* speed improvements actually in this version
* validation of voters to check for repeat votes
* allows file outputs
* command line switches documented
(release early, release often)
* some speed improvements
* changed the rank order input to use labels
* improved the error checking
* slight improvement in debugging display
* added a web page on input formats.
Voting Systems Toolbox 0.1 is available for download.
It supports STV (Meek algorithm) and STV-SE.
There is work to do on the input/output, the documentation is mostly nonexistent, but the voting code itself is pretty robust.