From: Constantin Kaplinsky <const@ti...> - 2006-08-16 09:16:26
TightVNC 1.3.8 has been released today. This version fixes the infamous
issue with disconnecting on lock/logon/logout in the Win32 version, adds
support for multi-monitor configurations, and includes a number of other
enhancements and bugfixes (see the list below).
It's a development version that hopefully will be moved to the stable
branch as is, with no changes. That's why TightVNC 1.3.8 is packaged as
a stable version: there is an uninstaller included and there are no
"unstable" labels anymore.
TightVNC 1.3.8 can be downloaded from the usual place:
Below is a short summary of changes in new version, as compared to the
previous development version, 1.3dev7:
- Win32 server: Fixed major problem with disconnecting clients on
screen locking, user logoff and logon, in the service mode.
- Win32 server: Added support for DFMirage driver direct screen
access mode (from DemoForge LLC).
- Win32 server: Added support for multiple monitors (from DemoForge
- Win32 server: Improved layout and functionality of the Properties
- Win32 server: More accurate password handling - now the server
code tries to distinguish between "empty" and "unset" passwords
- Win32 server: New -shareall, -shareprimary and -sharearea
command-line options, working similarly to the -sharewindow
- Win32 server: Fixed problems with restoring desktop wallpaper.
- Win32 viewer: Fixed bug with not enabling JPEG compression by
- Win32 viewer: Fixed bug with not setting proper size of the viewer
- Unix server: Port numbers are now calculated modulo 65536 with
vncviewer's -listen option. That makes it possible to listen on
TCP ports under 5900.
- Java viewer: Automatic encoding selection based on measuring
current network throughput.
- Win32 self-installing package: Uninstaller included, "unstable"
labels removing. This version installs itself over installed
stable versions by default.
- Source distribution: The source is ready to compile with MS
Visual C++ 6.0, all required libraries are included.
- Other improvements and bugfixes, see ChangeLog files within the
distribution for more details.
With Best Wishes,