Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

No input (MacOSX)

Help
limbs
2011-01-03
2013-02-09
  • limbs
    limbs
    2011-01-03

hello,

I cannot figure who to see the notes played by my music applications (garageband, museScore, etc) on VMPK. I can ''write'' midi notes with VMPK on garageband, but I cannot see them on VMPK. Here how I configure I/O on VMPK:
    Input midi connecion: Ipmidi Port 1
    Output midi connection: Ipmidi Port 1

In garageband I let the default setting ( build input/output)

• Garageband lacks MIDI OUT, so you can not send MIDI messages from it to other programs or to external MIDI instruments. More about this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GarageBand#Limitations

Musescore has jack MIDI output, but VMPK uses CoreMIDI, which is the native MIDI system in Mac OSX. I don't know if there is a way, or bridge, from a jack MIDI program to a CoreMIDI one. Maybe you can find answers in Musescore forums.

To use VMPK with many other Mac OSX sequencer programs, you can select the IAC MIDI driver for input and output in VMPK, and the corresponding IAC ports in the other application(s). For instance, you can use QMidi to output MIDI notes, and VMPK and SimpleSynth at the same time to receive MIDI (so you can see and listen the songs).

HTH

• limbs
    limbs
    2011-01-14

Thanks for the reply. Can you write me a little tutorial for Logic Pro ? thank you :)