Bug in "manage items" of Mor...

Bugs
Jason
2011-08-25
2013-04-24
  • Jason
    Jason
    2011-08-25

Hello,  I am able to use MoreInfo  fully,  the only issue is an error when going to Manage Items in the More Info component.  Here it is:

500 - An error has occurred.

Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '=' SQL=SELECT a.id, a.tid, a.val, a.lang,t.name AS type_name,l.title AS language_title,COUNT(DISTINCT b.content_id) AS article_count FROM `j16_moreinfo_data` AS a LEFT JOIN `j16_moreinfo_type` AS t ON t.id = a.tid LEFT JOIN `j16_languages` AS l ON l.lang_code = a.lang LEFT JOIN `j16_moreinfo_binding` AS b ON b.moreinfo_id = a.id GROUP BY a.id ORDER BY a.tid asc Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '=' SQL=SELECT a.id, a.tid, a.val, a.lang,t.name AS type_name,l.title AS language_title,COUNT(DISTINCT b.content_id) AS article_count FROM `j16_moreinfo_data` AS a LEFT JOIN `j16_moreinfo_type` AS t ON t.id = a.tid LEFT JOIN `j16_languages` AS l ON l.lang_code = a.lang LEFT JOIN `j16_moreinfo_binding` AS b ON b.moreinfo_id = a.id GROUP BY a.id ORDER BY a.tid asc Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '=' SQL=SELECT a.id, a.tid, a.val, a.lang,t.name AS type_name,l.title AS language_title,COUNT(DISTINCT b.content_id) AS article_count FROM `j16_moreinfo_data` AS a LEFT JOIN `j16_moreinfo_type` AS t ON t.id = a.tid LEFT JOIN `j16_languages` AS l ON l.lang_code = a.lang LEFT JOIN `j16_moreinfo_binding` AS b ON b.moreinfo_id = a.id GROUP BY a.id ORDER BY a.tid asc Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '=' SQL=SELECT a.id, a.tid, a.val, a.lang,t.name AS type_name,l.title AS language_title,COUNT(DISTINCT b.content_id) AS article_count FROM `j16_moreinfo_data` AS a LEFT JOIN `j16_moreinfo_type` AS t ON t.id = a.tid LEFT JOIN `j16_languages` AS l ON l.lang_code = a.lang LEFT JOIN `j16_moreinfo_binding` AS b ON b.moreinfo_id = a.id GROUP BY a.id ORDER BY a.tid asc
    Return to Control Panel

this is admin error, and I am using the MInima admin template - so I tried switching back to default admin template and still got the same error.

cheers and thanks for your help
    jason

• Johan Ekblad
    Johan Ekblad
    2011-08-26

Hi, thank's for using MoreInfo! For some reason we specified den charset UTF8 for the moreinfo_type table. You are probably using another charset as default, that's why the comparation breaks in mysql. I will remove this UTF8 specification and build a new release.

In order for you to fix this I whould do the following in mysql (assuming you use the default jos-prefix for your joomla database):

drop table jos_moreinfo_type;
    create table jos_moreinfo_type (
      `id` INT(11) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
      `name` VARCHAR(25) NOT NULL,
      `urlPrefix` VARCHAR(20),
      `urlCheck` INT(1),
      `alignment` VARCHAR(20),
      `linkable` INT(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT 1,
      PRIMARY KEY  (`id`)
    );
    insert into jos_moreinfo_type (`name`,`urlPrefix`,`urlCheck`,`alignment`,`linkable`)
    values
            ('phone','tel:',0,'left',1),
            ('www','',1,'left',1),
            ('mail','mailto:',0,'left',1),
            ('speak','tel:',0,'right',1),
            ('address','',0,'',0);

• Jason
    Jason
    2011-08-26

Awesome! OK then, great I will try this SQL command and see what happens :) cheers and thanks very much for your help
    Jason

• Jason
    Jason
    2011-09-07

OK, here is an update.  I was moving my development site to a different location on the server, using akeeba backup and while restoring the akeeba backup,  there was an option to "Force UTF-8 Collation" or something like that in the database.  Checking that box did the trick,  along with the updated version.
    cheers
    Jason