OpenLink Software are pleased to announce a new release of Virtuoso, Open-Source Edition, version 4.5.7.
This version includes the following enhancements:
* RDF storage now uses bitmap indexing by default;
* RDF Views functionality for exposing SQL Data on the fly as RDF Instance Data for SPARQL Query Access is now stable;
* Declarative N3/Turtle-based syntax for declaring RDF VIEWs of SQL Data is now stable;
* SPARQL extensions for automatic crawling of related resources now implemented;
* Miscellaneous SMP-related engine improvements.... read more
OpenLink Software are pleased to announce a new release of Virtuoso, Open-Source Edition, version 4.5.6.
This version includes the following enhancements to the core Universal Server Engine:
* New declarative RDF Views language for generating "Virtual RDF Graphs" from SQL data, by mapping SQL to RDF in real time. This means that any relational data stored in Virtuoso or any other relational database can be converted seamlessly to RDF and queried with SPARQL without making an RDF copy of the data itself
* Enhanced RDF Triple Store
* Support for the RDF NET Protocol for reading and writing to Triple Store
* Support for the Semantic Bank Protocol for reading and writing to Triple Store (Virtuoso is now a bona-fide PiggyBank backend)
* SPARQL Processor performance-enhancements
* New AJAX-based Interactive SPARQL Query GUI
* Added 'dataspace' SPARQL storage with an example for users/groups
* Bitmap index support - This is a generic SQL and engine enhancement that delivers dramatic space-savings and incresed performance especially in RDF triple-storage and many business-intelligence workloads.
* Documentation updates covering: RDF APIs, the ATOM and GData protocols
* Runtime hosting for PHP5 in addition to PHP4
* Online Documentation and Tutorials now mapped to SIOC ontology thereby presenting documentation as an RDF data-set accessible to SPARQL Queries
* Engine enhancements including automatic background compaction for up to 30% less space usage for typical relational or RDF databases, better SMP behavior with shorter critical sections, fixes in transaction logic and more
* Fixed a GPF on nesting calls to bif_exec.... read more
OpenLink Software are pleased to announce the release of Virtuoso Open-Source Edition v4.5.4.
This version includes enhanced SPARQL constructions, significant improvements to SPARQL performance as well as a new SPARQL demo based on the OpenLink AJAX Toolkit; more support and documentation for RDF functions and Web-2.0 technologies such as ATOM, DAWG, GDATA, GeoURL, SIMILE and SIOC; additional hosting for PHP 5; minor bugfixes for the Virtuoso server, ODS applications and ODBC driver.... read more
OpenLink Software are pleased to announce the release of Virtuoso Open-Source Edition v4.5.3.
This release introduces a significant new feature: OpenLink Data
Spaces (ODS) - a framework with several applications: Blog,
Bookmarks, Briefcase, Community, Discussion, FeedManager, Gallery, WebMail and Wiki.
There are also bug-fixes addressing network-congestion, performance problems, a memory-leak in free-text indexing, operation with OpenSSL 0.9.8 and SPARQL access to DAV metadata. Additionally, the RDF/XML parser performance has been enhanced and support for MIME types in RDF added.... read more
OpenLink Software are pleased to announce the second release of Virtuoso, Open-Source Edition (version 4.5.2). This version introduces a binary build for Windows users, updates to XML/A, SPARQL, DAV and the WikiV module, improvements to the ODBC driver and improvements to building on Mac OS X in Universal mode and across other Unix platforms.
OpenLink Software are pleased to announce the first release of
Virtuoso Open-Source Edition (version 4.5.1).
Virtuoso is a fully-featured, high-performance SQL database with integrated XML support, SOAP and other web services protocols, DAV and BPEL.
Virtuoso is accessible via ODBC, JDBC, .NET and OLE/DB and runs on Linux, Windows, Mac OS X and most Unix platforms.
Virtuoso offers a stored-procedure language and can host Java
and .NET objects server-side. Virtuoso also hosts many popular web scripting languages such as PHP.... read more