OpenLink Software is pleased to announce a new release of Virtuoso, Open-Source Edition, version 5.0.7.
This release includes:
New: fully operational Native Graph Model Storage Providers for the Jena & Sesame Frameworks.
Licensing change: the Jena and Sesame providers have been added to the "Client Protocol Driver exemptions" paragraph in the VOS License: http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/dav/wiki/Main/VOSLicense
- Better support for alternate RDF indexing schemes
- Parallelization of RDF sponger operations across multiple RDF data-sources concurrently
- New Sponger Cartridges and enhancements to the existing Cartridge collection
- Inference engine optimizations for subclass and subproperty that efficiently handle taxonomies numbering tens of thousands of classes.
- OWL equivalentClass and equivalentProperty inference support.
- Dynamic handling of host component of IRIs; host component is now flexible enough to painlessly handle multiple homing of domains and host name component changes; no duplicate host name data storage required via [URIQA] section of INI
- SPARQL optimizations to improve LIMIT and OFFSET handling
- JDBC driver has new connect options, smaller memory footprint and optimized batch support
- ODS applications now support SyncML
- How to read query plans and how to use the key performance meters
- How to diagnose SPARQL queries and how to decide what indexing scheme is right for each RDF use case
- How to debug RDF views
- Better Documentation on SPARQL extensions and options
- An updated RDF View example based on the Northwind demonstration database that reflects underlying enhancements
- Generally improved safety of built-in functions, better argument checking.
- Verified UTF8 internationl character support in all RDF use cases, SQL client/SPARQL protocol/all data formats.
For more details, see the release notes:
Virtuoso Open Source Edition:
Home Page: http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/wiki/main/
Download Page: http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/wiki/main/Main/VOSDownload
OpenLink Data Spaces:
Home Page: http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/wiki/main/Main/OdsIndex
SPARQL Usage Examples (re. SIOC, FOAF, AtomOWL, SKOS):
OpenLink Data Explorer (Firefox extension for RDF browsing):