Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Automatic switches to different desktop

2011-08-10
2013-05-21
  • thewebwriter
    thewebwriter
    2011-08-10

I have just installed VirtuaWin v4.3 and having problems with it automatically switching to a different desktop.I am  W7 Pro x64 sp1. I originally had DisplayFusion running at the same time but disabled it to pinpoint the problem. It still switches with DisplayFusion disabled.

The apps that are currently running are:
    MS Outlook - I thought maybe send and receive but monitored that without incident.
    Filezilla - not doing any transfers
    Crimson Editor - haven't used it today although it is open
    FireFox v5.0 with Firebug 1.8.0 and Java console 6.0.26 extensions and several plugins

I have the log available if you need it.

• thewebwriter
    thewebwriter
    2011-08-10

Well, it looked like a good deal but it is erratic. Since I posted here at 10;27 I have had another six flips from desktop one to desktop two. The timings are inconsistent with anything happenning
    10.27, 10.38, 11.16, 11.27, 11.41, 11.45, 11.49.

I am uninstalling until I know what the problem is. I have a log up until this time if anyone can help.

• I would be interested in the logs, there's probably some application on desktop two which is triggering the switch by generating an activation event, you may be able to work out which one it is and create a Window rule to stop it, failing that send me the log and I see what the trigger is…