Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

(ubuntu)make install error??

Help
2011-08-13
2013-11-26
  • g++ -O3 -m32 -L../linux/lib -static-libgcc -L/usr/X11R6/lib -shared -o ../linux/lib/librrfaker.so ../linux/obj/faker.o ../linux/obj/faker-sym.o ../linux/obj/pbwin.o ../linux/obj/glxvisual.o ../linux/obj/rrblitter.o ../linux/obj/rrdisplayclient.o ../linux/obj/rrplugin.o ../linux/obj/fakerconfig.o ../linux/obj/rrxvtrans.o -lrrutil -lfbx -lX11 -lXext -L/opt/libjpeg-turbo/lib32 -L/opt/libjpeg-turbo/lib -Wl,-Bstatic -lturbojpeg -Wl,-Bdynamic -lrrsocket -lpthread -lm -lXv -lfbxv -lGL \
    -Wl,-version-script,../linux/obj/faker-mapfile.E -ldl
    collect2: ld terminated with signal 11

I have followed the BUILDING.TXT  and "make" is OK. However, "make install" meets this errors??

THX!

• DRC
    DRC
    2011-08-13

No idea.  Not sure why it's trying to run the linker during 'make install' or why the linker is seg faulting.  It seems like something system-specific.  If you'd post the full log file from running CMake, then make, then make install on a clean source tree, it might give some clues.

• g++ -O3 -m32 -L../linux/lib -static-libgcc -L/usr/X11R6/lib -shared -o ../linux/lib/librrfaker.so ../linux/obj/faker.o ../linux/obj/faker-sym.o ../linux/obj/pbwin.o ../linux/obj/glxvisual.o ../linux/obj/rrblitter.o ../linux/obj/rrdisplayclient.o ../linux/obj/rrplugin.o ../linux/obj/fakerconfig.o ../linux/obj/rrxvtrans.o -lrrutil -lfbx -lX11 -lXext -L/opt/libjpeg-turbo/lib32 -L/opt/libjpeg-turbo/lib -Wl,-Bstatic -lturbojpeg -Wl,-Bdynamic -lrrsocket -lpthread -lm -lXv -lfbxv -lGL \ -Wl,-version-script,../linux/obj/faker-mapfile.E -ldl collect2: ld terminated with signal 11 I have followed the BUILDING.TXT and "make" is OK. However, "make install" meets this errors?? THX!

I did it again from the beginning. I find that the "collect2: ld terminated with signal 11"  error appears many times even in "make" procedure.

Any suggestions?

THX!

• DRC
    DRC
    2011-08-13

If you aren't building from CVS HEAD, try that, as it uses a different build system.

As I said before, I can tell absolutely nothing from the output of a single line.  I would have to see the complete log to get a clue what's going on.  Even then, I suspect it's a problem with your system, not with VirtualGL.

• I find that whenever the parameter "L../linux64/lib -static-libgcc -L/usr/X11R6/lib64"  appears, the error "collect2: ld terminated with signal 11 " comes out.

I think there may be sth. wrong in "/linux64/lib"  or "/usr/X11R6/lib64".

And I find that there isn't "/usr/X11R6" in my os, instead , there are "/usr/lib","/usr/lib32","/usr/lib64", so I ceate a soft link from "/usr/lib64" to "/usr/X11R6/lib64".

However, the same error appears again ,opps…..

Can you give me some suggestions?

THX!

FIY,  i am using Ubuntu 10.04 and is following the tutruai for linux in BUILDING.txt

• DRC
    DRC
    2011-08-13

You haven't yet followed any of my previous suggestions, which are:

(a) try using the CMake build system in CVS HEAD, which does a better job of finding X11 paths for your system

(b) post the entire build log so I can look at it

• I used the cmake to build, and find out that my gcc has been broken.
    As you said before, it is the sth. system specific,gcc, to  be blame for it.

THX.