Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

how to track client specification

2010-02-24
2013-11-26
  • Harikesh Saini
    Harikesh Saini
    2010-02-24

hi
              can u tell me how to  read client feature like disply and other feature by server in virtualgl

• DRC
    DRC
    2010-02-24

I don't understand the question.  Please clarify and explain what you are trying to do.

• Harikesh Saini
    Harikesh Saini
    2010-02-25

How does VirtualGL client communicates its "Display" profile to VirtualGL server. After doing

#vglconnect root@<server-ip>

#./xdpyinfo

Kindly tell me the information that is output pertains to the server display configuration or the client display configuration.

Also tell me whether the "GLX" extension need to be present in the output.

Thanks.
    Harikesh

• DRC
    DRC
    2010-02-25

xdpyinfo will tell you about the client display.  The client display does not need GLX.  VirtualGL will attempt to do its 3D rendering on display :0 on the server, which does need GLX (hardware-accelerated GLX.)

• Harikesh Saini
    Harikesh Saini
    2010-02-25

How does VirtualGL server know  the capability and profile of virtualgl client  After doing

#vglconnect root@<server-ip>

• DRC
    DRC
    2010-02-25

I don't understand the question.  Please explain what you're trying to do and what is not working.

• Harikesh Saini
    Harikesh Saini
    2010-03-02

when executing  vglconnect then server can know display information of client by executing xdpyinfo but  I want that when execute vglclient or vglconnect then client should be send client profile
    (
      visual id:    0x101
        class:    TrueColor
        depth:    32 planes
        available colormap entries:    256 per subfield
        red, green, blue masks:    0xff0000, 0xff00, 0xff
        significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
    like information )
    information from client to server

Thanks
    Harikesh

• DRC
    DRC
    2010-03-03

Sorry, I don't understand what you are asking or why you are asking for it.