Multiple monitor support (feature request)

Mathew
2005-11-01
2013-05-20
  • Mathew
    Mathew
    2005-11-01

SITUATION: I have two monitors connected to my computer and use WinXP's "extend my windows desktop onto this monitor" option so that I can use both seamlessly.

ISSUE: When switching between virtual desktops only the windows on the "primary monitor" change.

REQUEST: Enhancement which causes Virtual Dimension to extend the virtual desktop to both monitors and change contents of both monitors when changing virtual desktops.
    This may want to be implemented as a configuration option for those who don't want this feature.

PS Excellent program.

• Mathew
      Mathew
      2005-11-01

Current version is working as requested.

Not sure if:
      a. hadn't had my first cup of coffee
      b. issue only on fresh install & login / logout fixed the issue.

• runals
      runals
      2008-10-03

I have the same issue. What I have found is that if a window is set to maximum on the primary monitor then it becomes sticky on the other desktops. This seems to be a newish development for me as I was not annoyed by it in the past.

• JoergB
    JoergB
    2010-11-23

SITUATION: I have two monitors connected to my computer and use WinXP's "extend my windows desktop onto this monitor" option so that I can use both seamlessly.

ISSUE: When switching between virtual desktops only the windows on the "primary monitor" change.

I use Win7 Ultimate and the behaviour you described above is exactly the way I would like to use Virtual Dimension. So I have 2 Monitors and I would like to use Virtual Dimension only effecting the primary monitor. So I would like to be able to move applications (like Outlook, Word, etc.) to the secondary monitor and to stick on it independently which desktop I have selected in Virtual Dimension.

Could anybody help me, how I could achieve this?

Thanks,
    Joerg

• There is no such feature at the moment.
    Yet the behavior can be achieved by displaying the windows from monitor 2 on all desktop (in window properties  or in VD submenu of the window's system menu).

• JoergB
    JoergB
    2010-11-25

Yet the behavior can be achieved by displaying the windows from monitor 2 on all desktop (in window properties  or in VD submenu of the window's system menu).

Yes, I use that feature of VD so far. But unfortunately the Icons of these "all desktops"-application appear in all VD Desktops (I mean the small overview window). So is there a possibility to hide the Icons?

Thanks for your fast answer so far,
    Joerg