Violet project missing from SVN, can't ...

Help
verdicchio
2012-09-10
2013-04-25
  • verdicchio
    verdicchio
    2012-09-10

In the video showing how to set up the project, the Violet project is missing.  It appears to be replaced by VioletProduct.swing.  When I check out that project along with VioletFramework and VioletPlugin.classDiagram, set them up as maven projects and try to run UMLEditorApplication, I get the errors below.

java.io.IOException: invalid url
        at javax.swing.JEditorPane.setPage(JEditorPane.java:418)
        at com.horstmann.violet.application.gui.WelcomePanel.<init>(WelcomePanel.java:107)
        at com.horstmann.violet.application.gui.MainFrame.getWelcomePanel(MainFrame.java:315)
        at com.horstmann.violet.application.gui.MainFrame.getMainPanel(MainFrame.java:324)
        at com.horstmann.violet.application.gui.MainFrame.<init>(MainFrame.java:89)
        at com.horstmann.violet.UMLEditorApplication.createDefaultWorkspace(UMLEditorApplication.java:155)
        at com.horstmann.violet.UMLEditorApplication.<init>(UMLEditorApplication.java:110)
        at com.horstmann.violet.UMLEditorApplication.main(UMLEditorApplication.java:98)
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException
        at com.horstmann.violet.application.gui.WelcomePanel.getWelcomeSVGImage(WelcomePanel.java:292)
        at com.horstmann.violet.application.gui.WelcomePanel.<init>(WelcomePanel.java:138)
        at com.horstmann.violet.application.gui.MainFrame.getWelcomePanel(MainFrame.java:315)
        at com.horstmann.violet.application.gui.MainFrame.getMainPanel(MainFrame.java:324)
        at com.horstmann.violet.application.gui.MainFrame.<init>(MainFrame.java:89)
        at com.horstmann.violet.UMLEditorApplication.createDefaultWorkspace(UMLEditorApplication.java:155)
        at com.horstmann.violet.UMLEditorApplication.<init>(UMLEditorApplication.java:110)
        at com.horstmann.violet.UMLEditorApplication.main(UMLEditorApplication.java:98)
    Caused by: java.io.IOException
        at org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SAXSVGDocumentFactory.createDocument(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SAXSVGDocumentFactory.createSVGDocument(Unknown Source)
        at com.horstmann.violet.application.gui.WelcomePanel.getWelcomeSVGImage(WelcomePanel.java:290)
        ... 7 more

• OK. I see. I will check tonight my code to see if I miss to commit some resources on SVN. I tried to create a new welcome page during this summer.

• I have recently had the same problem,  Using the debugging tool I found that two resources located in the the com.horstmann.violet.application.gui package were not being copied over to the class folder when you build.  Because the file extensions .html and .svg are not in the include list of the pom.xml.  Adding them to the pom.xml and building will fix the error.