Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

No sound after editing metadata

Help
2010-08-07
2013-05-02
  • Sofia Fontes
    Sofia Fontes
    2010-08-07

I've been using VideoMonkey to edit the metadata in a few videos. It's been working fine but for the last 3 videos after editing the metadata they have no sound. I haven't changed any setting, I checked that I have my volume turned up. Any idea what could be causing this?

• It's only with this 3 videos or with all videos?
    You can send the console log?
    Thanks

• Sofia Fontes
    Sofia Fontes
    2010-08-09

It's only with these 3 videos. Where do I send the console log to?

• Send the console log here. Paste the text in a new message.
    With these three videos, which is the audio codec used?.
    And other question, if you not edit the metadata, the conversion works fine?
    Best regards

• Chris Marrin
    Chris Marrin
    2010-08-09

I'm not sure what you mean by "editing the metadata". Are you saying that if you don't add metadata and do the encode the sound is fine, but if you add metadata and then encode you get no sound? The latter seems very unlikely if you're just playing through iTunes. What player are you using?

It would be helpful (in addition to the console logs) to send the Input and Output Info panel information. I really do need to make it easier to send this info. In a future release I'll add a function to copy this info to the console to make it easy to copy/paste. For now, if you just type the relevant info for one of the offending videos, that would be great.

• Sofia Fontes
    Sofia Fontes
    2010-08-12

I'm not encoding the videos, they're already in mp4 format, I'm just adding the metadata. I tried the videos on iTunes and Quicktime.

Here's the console log:

Begin transcode: Freaks and Geeks S01E13.mp4 -> Freaks and Geeks S01E13_1.mp4

Command to execute:
             AtomicParsley "/Users/stfontes/Downloads/Freaks and Geeks S01E13.mp4" -W  -tracknum "13" -albumArtist "Freaks and Geeks" -copyright "" -stik "TV Show" -genre "Comedy" -TVSeasonNum "1" -title "Chokin' and Tokin'" -description "When Bill talks about being allergic to peanuts in class, Alan tries to prove he's lying but Bill ends up in the hospital after an allergic reaction. Lindsay smokes weed for the first time." -TVEpisode "112" -advisory "" -TVEpisodeNum "13" -TVNetwork "NBC" -contentRating "TV-PG" -year "2000-03-20" -disk "1/1" -description "When Bill talks about being allergic to peanuts in class, Alan tries to prove he's lying but Bill ends up in the hospital after an allergic reaction. Lindsay smokes weed for the first time." -album "Freaks and Geeks, Season 1" -TVShowName "Freaks and Geeks" -artist "Freaks and Geeks" -encodingTool "HandBrake 0.9.4 2009112300" -comment "" -artwork REMOVE_ALL

->  Started writing to temp file.
         ->  Finished writing to temp file.
    Succeeded!
    Copy to iTunes succeeded!
    ============================================================================
    Begin transcode: Freaks and Geeks S01E14.mp4 -> Freaks and Geeks S01E14_1.mp4

Command to execute:
             AtomicParsley "/Users/stfontes/Downloads/Freaks and Geeks S01E14.mp4" -W  -tracknum "14/18" -albumArtist "Freaks and Geeks" -copyright "" -stik "TV Show" -genre "Comedy" -TVSeasonNum "1" -title "Dead Dogs and Gym Teachers" -description "Lindsay tries to convince Harold to let her join her friends at a Who concert. Kim and Lindsay accidentally run over Millie's dog. Kim starts hanging out with Millie. Lindsay wants to tell Millie the truth about her dog, but Kim doesn't. Meanwhile, Nick teaches himself to play guitar and writes a love ballad for Lindsay and decides to play it for her despite Kens' objections. Ms. Haverchuck stuns Bill with the news that she has been dating Coach Fredricks." -TVEpisode "114" -advisory "" -TVEpisodeNum "14" -TVNetwork "NBC" -contentRating "TV-PG" -year "2000-10-01" -disk "1/1" -description "Lindsay tries to convince Harold to let her join her friends at a Who concert. Kim and Lindsay accidentally run over Millie's dog. Kim starts hanging out with Millie. Lindsay wants to tell Millie the truth about her dog, but Kim doesn't. Meanwhile, Nick teaches himself to play guitar and writes a love ballad for Lindsay and decides to play it for her despite Kens' objections. Ms. Haverchuck stuns Bill with the news that she has been dating Coach Fredricks." -album "Freaks and Geeks, Season 1" -TVShowName "Freaks and Geeks" -artist "Freaks and Geeks" -encodingTool "HandBrake 0.9.4 2009112300" -comment "" -artwork REMOVE_ALL

Succeeded!
    Begin transcode: Freaks and Geeks S01E15.mp4 -> Freaks and Geeks S01E15_1.mp4

Command to execute:
             AtomicParsley "/Users/stfontes/Downloads/Freaks and Geeks S01E15.mp4" -W  -tracknum "15/18" -albumArtist "Freaks and Geeks" -copyright "" -stik "TV Show" -genre "Comedy" -TVSeasonNum "1" -title "Noshing and Moshing" -description "Neal wrestles with the dilemma of whether to tell his mother about his father's affair. Lindsay is given detention after coming to the aid of a girl being attacked by a boy. Daniel deals with pressures at home and with Kim. He escapes from his problems through punk music." -TVEpisode "115" -advisory "" -TVEpisodeNum "15" -TVNetwork "NBC" -contentRating "TV-PG" -year "2000-10-17" -disk "1/1" -description "Neal wrestles with the dilemma of whether to tell his mother about his father's affair. Lindsay is given detention after coming to the aid of a girl being attacked by a boy. Daniel deals with pressures at home and with Kim. He escapes from his problems through punk music." -album "Freaks and Geeks, Season 1" -TVShowName "Freaks and Geeks" -artist "Freaks and Geeks" -encodingTool "HandBrake 0.9.4 2009112300" -comment "" -artwork REMOVE_ALL

Succeeded!
    Begin transcode: Freaks and Geeks S01E16.mp4 -> Freaks and Geeks S01E16_1.mp4

Command to execute:
             AtomicParsley "/Users/stfontes/Downloads/Freaks and Geeks S01E16.mp4" -W  -tracknum "16/18" -albumArtist "Freaks and Geeks" -copyright "" -stik "TV Show" -genre "Comedy" -TVSeasonNum "1" -title "Smooching and Mooching" -description "After fighting with his father, Nick moves out and to Lindsay's surprise begins staying with the Weir's. Cindy tells Bill that she has a crush on Sam. She asks Bill to convince Sam to invite her to a party." -TVEpisode "116" -advisory "" -TVEpisodeNum "16" -TVNetwork "NBC" -contentRating "TV-PG" -year "2000-07-08" -disk "1/1" -description "After fighting with his father, Nick moves out and to Lindsay's surprise begins staying with the Weir's. Cindy tells Bill that she has a crush on Sam. She asks Bill to convince Sam to invite her to a party." -album "Freaks and Geeks, Season 1" -TVShowName "Freaks and Geeks" -artist "Freaks and Geeks" -encodingTool "HandBrake 0.9.4 2009112300" -comment "" -artwork REMOVE_ALL

Succeeded!

• Sofia Fontes
    Sofia Fontes
    2010-08-12

• Chris Marrin
    Chris Marrin
    2010-08-12

So are you saying that the audio plays correctly before setting the metadata and doesn't play after? What app are you using to play the videos?

• Sofia Fontes
    Sofia Fontes
    2010-08-12

Exactly. I'm using iTunes and I also tried VLC.

• Chris Marrin
    Chris Marrin
    2010-08-12

Hmmm, I have never heard of this problem. I can't even imagine how it could be happening. It would be useful to open the file that Video Monkey added metadata to in Video Monkey and look at the Input Info of that. It should be identical to the Input Info you posted.

I wonder if there could be some metadata already in the file that is getting overwritten by AtomicParsley. It looks like you've used Handbrake to make the original files? If so, I've done that same process many times without a problem. Hmmm…