Hi Andreas, thanks for the feedback :) I shall work on updating the
script to use SimpleXML (as I hadn't realised it was being used for
other scripts in VideoDB). I've updated the scripts further to provide
some extra filters as the results sometimes returned by YouTube aren't
always related to the movie - and at the same time I've also made the
lookup dependant on the API key being present (so that it is essentially
disabled if the key isn't present).
As for the caching and requests taking a lenghty amount of time I think
the way that I am currently doing it (searching for trailers when
viewing the page) isn't as efficient as searching for the trailers when
entering the movie and saving the youtube movie ID against the movie in
the database... However until I've improved the scripts further I was
hessitant about changing the database structure.
Anyway I shall take a look at the AmazonXML engine, do some updates, and
repost the scripts this evening :)