From: Gijs van Kersen <gvkersen@ya...> - 2005-10-17 12:20:47
Here are some suggestions for further improving VideoDB.
I am not a programmer, so won't be able to implement them myself. But
hopefully some of you gurus will like the ideas enough to run away with
- when entering a NEW movie, the missing data is retrieved from IMDB
only when pressing "save". If you want to change any data (e.g. title,
rating) you have to go back to edit mode afterwards.
It would be more efficient if there was a button "retrieve" behind the
IMDb-Id field which refreshed the window with the retrieved
information, while staying in edit mode.
- the movie RATING is quite nice, but we're not doing anything with it.
It would be great if in the STATISTICS window there was a graph with
rating 9-8-7-etc linked to a search, very similar to the YEAR graph
already there. That way I could quickly see my top-rated movies.
- Note: the YEAR graph somewhat messes up the stats display in my db.
See attached GIF. The reason probably is that my first movie is a
Charlie Chaplin one from 1917! Feel free to look online in my dB if
that helps troubleshooting - you have the username/password!
- in the main BROWSE window, it would be nice if I could order by YEAR
or by RATING rather than just title as today.
- in the main BROWSE window, there is a button "OK" at the far right
which doesn't seem to do anything at present...
- when saving to PDF, it would be nice if you can add more information,
e.g. rating, year, diskid etc. Again sorting (or filtering!) by any of
these fields would help.
OK, that's quite enough for now I think.
If you have any questions on the above just shoot me a mail.
Best regards, Gijs.
Gijs van Kersen gijs@...
Antwerpen Belgium http://www.vankersen.net
Yahoo! Music Unlimited
Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.