world of xeen

Help
k vyner
2002-06-19
2013-04-11
  • k vyner
    k vyner
    2002-06-19

I'm trying to get might and magic world of xeen to work with XP pro I have allocated 4096 of both ems and xms memory as the program requires, it still won't run, it doesn't even give me an error message it just hangs and gives me a black screen.
    the install program tries to put these lines in config.sys when it is normally installed (it runs fine in 98se). any ideas would be appreciated note sound is not the problem even with no sound or music it still crashes to a black screen

• Anonymous
      2002-06-25

Well, if sound is not the issue then there may not be much you can do. Will check and see if I can find anything...

Nicht SehrGut

• Paxxis
    Paxxis
    2011-09-19

Ok, so these posts are a few years old… But I am reinstalling a copy of World of Xeen onto my wife's computer, running XP, and wondering first of all, how do I use VDMSound to get it running, and secondly, will it work? I tried DosBox, and the system froze. Not sure if I had a setting wrong or what, but it sucked. So, anyone know if Xeen will work with VDMSound, and if so, how to do it?

Thanks!

• Nyerguds
    Nyerguds
    2011-10-05

Normally, after installing VDMS, you just right-click on the game's exe file and select "run with VDMS". The option will show up on all 16-bit DOS programs