Creating shortcut that will run game with VDM

Help
jjm905
2007-08-24
2013-04-11
  • jjm905
    jjm905
    2007-08-24

Is there any way to create a desktop shortcut that will automatically run the game with VDMSound, without having to go into the directory with the actual EXE file and right-clicking "Run with VDMS" every time I want to play it?

For example, I've tried changing the command line in the shortcut properties to something for example like "C:\wolf3d\wolf3d.exe -vdmsrun" but of course it didn't work.

Does anyone know how to do that? 

• Red Goblin
      Red Goblin
      2007-08-24

YES.  If you accept the default "Use a default configuration" radio button on the wizard's first page you'll get an option to "Add a shortcut to my desktop" on the second (NOT ticked by default).  Go that way (even if you anticipate wanting to customise it), ticking the shorcut option as you go, and quit the game ASAP when it runs.  Once you have your shortcut, you can alt-click for its properties and tweak it as required from the property sheet.

• jjm905
      jjm905
      2007-08-24

How do you get to the wizard? (I am using version 2.0.4)

• Red Goblin
        Red Goblin
        2007-08-24

Hmm - 'Run with VDMS' should launch the wizard!

But, all of a sudden, I'm overwhelmed with deja vu from an alarmingly similar thread (https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=4222463) which I apparently solved by recommending v2.1.0.