Help
emss
2010-02-25
2013-02-18
  • emss
    emss
    2010-02-25

Hello,

I've added a directory named terminus-font under %VCXSRV_ROOT%\fonts containing fonts.dir fonts.scale & fonts files.
    When in a Xterm on my remote FreeBSD box launched thru ssh, fc-list shows some Terminus fonts, a XEmacs launched the same way doesn't display any Terminus font.
    Is there something obvious I'm missing ?
    TIA
    Regards
    Eric Masson

• marha
    marha
    2010-02-28

Currently the default font path is fonts/misc/,fonts/TTF/,fonts/OTF,fonts/Type1/,fonts/100dpi/,fonts/75dpi/,fonts/cyrillic/,fonts/Speedo/,built-ins

When you want to add an extra one, you should add it to this list and pass it on the command line with the -fp option:

-fp fonts/terminus-font/,fonts/misc/,fonts/TTF/,fonts/OTF,fonts/Type1/,fonts/100dpi/,fonts/75dpi/,fonts/cyrillic/,fonts/Speedo/,built-ins

The specified directories are relative to the directory where vcxsrv.exe is (default c:\program files\vcxsrv)

Regards,
    Marc

• marha
    marha
    2010-02-28

You can also add the directory to the font path with the xset +fp command:
    xset +fp fonts/terminus-font

In vista, make sure that you copy the terminus-font directory to c:\program files\vcxsrv\fonts\terminus-font, with administrator rights. If you do not do this, the vcxsrv.exe will not be able to access this directory.

Marc

• emss
    emss
    2010-03-14

Hello Marc,

Thanks for your help, In the meantime, I've used a font server located on another box.

Regards

Eric Masson