Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

UTF-16 problems

Help
MarkB
2007-10-22
2013-04-25
  • MarkB
    MarkB
    2007-10-22

I am trying to automate the docunemtation of VBScript produced by Quick Test Professional.  Unfortunately it saves text files using the UTF-16 format.  I am unable to get VBDOX to work with this format.
    Is there any config or workaround that I could try?

• The builder classes responsible for parsing the files and building the code object model use a parser that reads the data from the files using filters configured in /release/vbdox.conf as the following:

parser.input.filter.asa=VBDOXEXT.clsFilterASP

With version 2.0 i wrote a new version of the of the parser called clsParser2. I wanted to make it read unicode files bu didn't manage to do it. You can see the commented error message about the missing byte order mask - BOM.

What you can do is to create and configure a filter (class implementing IParserInputFilter like the default clsFilterNull) for your files that reads lines from the binary file reader passed as argument.

• MarkB
      MarkB
      2007-10-23

Thanks for the advice,
      It sounds really complex and I'm not really sure where to start.

Ive developed a perl script to decode my files and run VBDOX against that.  It seems to work, not pretty mind,