Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

AirRobot & GPS Sensor

Help
Mahsa
2012-03-17
2012-12-14
  • Mahsa
    Mahsa
    2012-03-17

Hi
    I initiate a air robot in UDK and I want to know it's coordinate in outdoor place,I saw the UDKUSAR.ini file and in this file two GPS sensor defines for air robot(one that shows it's latitude & longitude and the other one shows it's altitude) but when I log from the messages that robot send to the server it just have the data for altitude! it doesn't send any data that contains it's latitude and longitude and I need these Info! what should I do?!!

• It appears that the ini file is pointing at a version of GPSSensor called "GPSSensor_FIXED" which is not available in files and if you look at UDK logs you will see the error message. What you are getting as GPS data is another sensor, Altitude sensor, which only returns altitude. Of course the naming is strange and confusing and will be fixed.
    You may change the ini file but the current GPS sensor file is not complete for outdoor maps and probably someone else has fixed it for using an outdoor map. you  will need to change the GPSSensor script and define a brush as sky for outdoor scenarios to get it working. At the moment what you get from the simulator is "0 satellites observed".