Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

missing ftd2xx.h

John Eaton
2012-06-16
2013-05-28
  • John Eaton
    John Eaton
    2012-06-16

include file  ftd2xx.h is called out in  ./src/tap/usbconn/libftd2xx.c line 34 but is not in urjtag.

Where is it?

John Eaton

• feron_jb
    feron_jb
    2012-06-19

Hi,

Did you install the library supporting the FTDI chips integrated in many JTAG cables?
    http://www.ftdichip.com/FTSupport.htm

Regards,

J-B

• John Eaton
    John Eaton
    2012-06-20

All that I load is :

sudo apt-get  install -y fxload;\
    sudo apt-get  install -y libftdi-dev;\

I am running Ubuntu 12.04

John Eaton

• feron_jb
    feron_jb
    2012-06-21

After some googling, it seems the drivers are natively supported by recent kernels.

The following quote on this forum.

Current linux distributions have the ftdi driver built in. Ubuntu shipped a very broken kernel in their 9.10 release until quite recently, so if your system is completely up to date with the latest patches then you *should* be good to go. I tested an updated Ubuntu 9.10 release about 3 weeks ago and it was finally working.

The driver in the kernel is more recent than the one supplied by ftdi, so you really gain nothing by compiling and installing their module.

Go to System -> Administration -> Update Manager to make sure you have the latest updates installed. Also, when booting make sure you boot from the most recently installed kernel (the one at the top of the grub bootloader list).

You can tell if your prop plug is detected properly by the system :
    brad@bkmac:~$ ls -la /dev/ttyU*
    crw-rw--- 1 root dialout 188, 0 2010-02-10 15:05 /dev/ttyUSB0

Also, just to be sure you can check to make sure you are in the same group as the prop plug (dialout)

brad@bkmac:~$ groups
    brad adm dialout cdrom floppy audio dip video plugdev scanner netdev lpadmin powerdev vde2-net admin vboxusers usbusers

Generally Ubuntu tends to get it right out of the box though.

Try to google your trouble, it seems to have a lot of persons having the same kind of problems…

Regards,

J-B