tee -i option

Help
pony65
2007-09-04
2013-04-24
  • pony65
    pony65
    2007-09-04

I am starting a java program inside of a batch file, and I am using the tee command to direct stdout and stderr to both a file and the screen, which works great.  However, when I add the -i option to the tee command, and perform the keyboard combination ctrl-break, which normally produces a java stack trace, nothing occurs.  Here is what my command look like inside of the batch file:

set TEE="bin\tee_sourgeforge.exe"
    "%JAVA_EXE%" %JAVA_OPTS% %COMMON_SYS_PROPS% -DperfLog.out=perf%COMPUTERNAME%%POST_APPNAME%_%TIMESTAMP%.log -Dlog4j.out=system%COMPUTERNAME%%POST_APPNAME%_%TIMESTAMP%.log -Djava.library.path=lib -Dconman.login.required=%USE_CONMAN% -Dgeo.home="%GEO_HOME%" -Dpad.logs=%PAD_LOGS% -Dlog4j.configuration=%LOG4J_FILE% -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -XX:+ForceTimeHighResolution -Xms%MIN% -Xmx%MAX% %MAIN_CLASS% %PROP% %* 2>&1 |%TEE% -i %PAD_LOGS%system%COMPUTERNAME%%TIMESTAMP%_screenoutput.log

FYI: I have Cywin loaded on another machine, and when I use cywin's tee command, the -i option does work as I expect.

Am I doing something incorrect with tee command provided in the UnxUtils?  Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.